Investment professional with experience in Asset Management, Structured Finance and Business Development.
Passed all three levels of the CFA Program and may be awarded the charter upon completion of the required work experience.
Worldwide education in some of the most renown universities in Europe and Asia. Very versatile, quick-thinker, problem solver and quantitatively oriented.
Joined M&G Investments after completing my MSc Finance at LSE, where I worked with the ABS team, covering consumer risk and aircraft financing.
Spent two years developing the product and strategy for a digital start-up, which successfully reached its alpha phase.
11/09/2017–01/03/2019 - Start-Up Developer, SpesApp, Castel Bolognese (Italy)
01/09/2016–08/08/2017 - Fund Manager Assistant, M&G Investments, London (United Kingdom)
04/09/2015–01/09/2016 - Investment Graduate, M&G Investments, London (United Kingdom)
Completed the CFA Program
MSc Finance, with Distinction
London School of Economics, London (United Kingdom)
• Dissertation on 'Predictive Value of Implied Volatility on Stock Prices'
• Electives: Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Risk Management, Financial Engineering
BSc in Economics and Finance, 110 cum laude
Universita` Commerciale Luigi Bocconi, Milan (Italy)
• Dissertation on 'Mispricing of Sovereign Bonds in the Eurozone'
• Electives: Alternative Investments, Risk Management with Derivatives
Exchange Program, GPA 4.15/4.00
University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Business and Economics, Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
• Courses: Corporate Finance, Introductory Econometrics, Management of Commercial Banks, Monetary Politics
Italian (native), English (C2/bilingual), French (B2), Mandarin Chinese (B1)
• completed ECDL and ECDL Advanced;
• advanced data modelling with Excel, VBA;
• programming in XML/HTML, Java, MatLab and Python;
• working experience with Intex, Bloomberg;
• working knowledge of C#, SQL, R, Stata, MatLab, TensorFlow.
• Autonomously completed programming courses in Java, XML and Python, which I then used to develop both an Android prototype for the consumers and a web application (http://spesapp.herokuapp.com) to allow commercial counterparts to manage the data in the central database and ask for additional services;
• Managed the creation of the business plan, taking personal care of alternative funding sources (Crowdfunding, Marktetplace lending, etc.), company structure and monetization techniques. Devised strategies able to generate an estimated cashflow of c€10,000 a month, after reaching the programmed regional expansion.
• Conducted and managed the negotiation, analysis and structuring of deals with exposures to commercial aviation, among which 3 warehouses for Prudential Capital (c£500mln) and the first sale&leaseback of M&G in the asset class (c.£80mln). Successfully presented each opportunity to Committee;
• Driven the expansion of the team in new markets (Irish NPLs, Marketplace lending, Australia, CQS, Shared-equity mortgages, etc.), building and managing relations with the counterparts and devising new analysis methods;
• Responsible for covering the credit markets of Italy, Ireland, Australia and the United Kingdom (c£12bn of exposure);
• Provided investment advice to Fixed Income Fund Managers related to price, risk profile and cash flows of pubic and private assets, on both primary and secondary markets, based on their investment mandates and strategies;
• Built a number of models to monitor and analyse the ratings and performance of the entire portfolio (c£25bn);
• Put in charge of screening new hires to expand the team, in anticipation of the launch of a new fund.
• After autonomously discussing with the Actuaries of the Prudential Group, started a project to optimise the £34bn annuities portfolio of Prudential UK, coordinating with the teams Annuities and Long-Term Investment Strategy to develop an algorithm able to generate stable and substantial profits (above £100mln IFRS and £150mln of freed Solvency II captial per year) for the Group;
• Helped the fund manager of Global Leaders to develop a techincal analysis system focused on the relative performance of different global markets, divided by industrial sector and geography, generating a return of 20bps in the first month of use;
• Solved a series of problems afflicting a critical model developed by Prudential UK for weeks in a signle morning, allowing for its immediate deployment.